Mini-canal (MC) hearing aids are larger than both invisible-in-canal (IIC) and completely-in-canal (CIC) hearing aids, but still relatively discreet. They are designed and sculptured to fit in the lower third of your external ear (cavum concha). Extraction cords can be fitted to MC hearing aids to help insert and remove them from the ear.
Hover over to view MC when worn
MC hearing aids house a size 10 (Brown) battery. The typical lifespan of a size 10 battery is between 3-5 days, but this can vary depending upon the number of hours per day the hearing aid is worn, the severity of hearing loss and the technology level of hearing aid.
- Small and low profile hearing aid.
- More powerful than low profile size initially suggests and typically suitable for mild to severe/profound hearing losses.
- Dual-microphones help to improve speech understanding in noise.
- Wireless and telecoil options
- The location of the microphone in the ear, as opposed to behind the ear, helps with:
- the preservation of the natural acoustics provided by the external ear (pinna) that help with localising the direction of sound from in front and behind you.
- using the telephone.
- Ear anatomy must be of a certain shape and size to house all the electronic components inside.
- Not appropriate if you have poor vision or manual dexterity.
- Smaller surface area means they are more likely to:
- feedback (e.g. whistle) due to acoustic leakage
- work loose whilst talking and chewing, especially if you have a straight and inclined ear canal shape.
- As with all custom hearing aids, MC hearing aids may need to be ‘re-shelled’ from time to time since the ear canal cartilage can change shape and size. This is not covered under the warranty and will require new ear impressions. warranty and will require new ear impressions.