Last updated: 24/03/2023
Our contact details
Name: The Hear Clinic
Address: 1 Grange Lodge Cottages, Stoughton Grange Rural Centre, Oadby, Leicestershire, LE2 2FB
Phone Number: 0116 271 0777
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics – for example, name, date of birth, contact details, personal relevant medical and health history.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To be able to diagnose and provide healthcare treatment to you.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Log Data – like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse you actions on the website.
- Cookies – these are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
We may share your personal information with relevant medical and healthcare professionals to help provide or to ensure you receive ongoing diagnosis and healthcare treatment. This is only done with your consent, however.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored and retained as long as required to be able to provide ongoing diagnosis and healthcare treatment or in the event of complaint, adverse event or impending litigation. In the event of death, they are retained for a period of 8 years.
We keep phone call logs for a minimum period of 6 months before they are automatically deleted or at any time upon request, if appropriate. If they are required to provide ongoing diagnosis and healthcare treatment or in the event of complaint, adverse event or impending litigation, they are continued to kept secured.
At the relevant time, all personal information is disposed of securely, ensuring that patient confidentiality is protected. Examples include cross-cut shredding, incineration or utilising a commercial company holding the necessary accreditations. For computer-held records they are permanently deleted from relevant databases and from the hard-drive recycling bin.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at info@thehearclinic if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk